There are several questions that we often receive from various individuals and organizations. We have created this FAQ reference for you to use.
How can we learn more about Abenaki history and the contemporary reality of Indigenous people in NH?
- Please contact the Cowasuck Band of the Pennacook-Abenaki People and Commission on Native American Affairs
- See/read through our Story Map and blog posts
How can I financially support INHCC?
- Please send a check to the address listed on our Donate page
I found Indigenous sites, artifacts, and/or human remains, can you help me identify these?
- For site review: contact the New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources & the NH State Archaeologist, and Cowasuck Band of the Pennacook-Abenaki People
- For human remains: Call your local police department (911)
- For artifacts: Call the New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources or email firstname.lastname@example.org & the NH State Archaeologist, or email the Cowasuck Band
I need Tribal approval or an official consultation.
- Please Contact the Cowasuck Band of the Pennacook-Abenaki People
We want to write a land recognition/acknowledgment statement. What should it say?
Where can we find someone to offer a presentation on Abenaki heritage?
How can we learn about Indigenous Peoples’ Day and how to promote it in our town/city?
- Visit our Indigenous Peoples’ Day Resources page
How can we address the harmful effects of the local mascots?
- Please see additional resources on our Mascots and Monuments page
Where can I get support on legal issues and civil liberties, both local and national?
- Please contact ACLU
How can I become an ally to Native peoples?
- This First Nations Development Institute – Reclaiming the Narrative About Native Americans Allies Guide PDF
- See this useful book (The Gatherings: Reimagining Indigenous-Settler Relations)
- Native Hope – You may particularly like to use section titled “How to Address Native American Issues as a Non-Native”
- Amnesty International
- National Congress of American Indians
I have other questions or would like to join INHCC!